Awards and Near Misses
SOME AWARDS AND ALMOSTS
- 2018: Shortlist, Malahat Review Open Season Fiction Contest, Victoria.
- 2017: 2nd Place, David Adams Richards Prize for Unpublished Book Manuscript, Writers Federation of New Brunswick, St. John.
- 2017: 3rd Prize, Royal City Literary Arts Society Write On! Short Non-Fiction Contest, New Westminster, BC.
- 2017: 2nd Prize, Word on the Lake Short Fiction Contest, Salmon Arm, BC.
- 2017: Shortlist, Canadian Authors Association National Short Story Contest, Vancouver.
- 2017: Shortlist, Federation of BC Writers Summer Short Fiction Contest, Vancouver.
- 2014: Shortlist, Best Humor Writing Award, El Ojo del Lago, Mexico.
- 2013: 1st Prize, Best Humor Writing Award, El Ojo del Lago, Mexico.
- 2010: 2nd Prize, Summit Studios Humorous Travel Writing Contest, Vancouver.
- 2007: Shortlist, Stephen Leacock Memorial Medal for Humour (49 entries).
- 2007: Shortlist, Howard O’Hagan Award for Short Fiction (Alberta Literary Awards).
- 2007: Shortlist, Best Historical Article, El Ojo del Lago, Mexico.
- 2004: 1st Prize, Best Fiction Award, El Ojo del Lago, Mexico.
- 2002: 3rd Prize, Canadian Authors Association International Short Story Contest, Toronto.
- 1999: 1st Prize, Canadian Authors Association International Writing Contest, Short Non-Fiction Contest, Toronto.